Top 5 Tips to Stay Healthy In Pregnancy | Herbal Goodness
The number one priority for pregnant women is to give their baby a healthy start they possibly can in their earliest stages of pregnancy.
There are many things your doctor might forget to tell you, so this article will break them down one by one to make sure you have the best information available. Following these steps will give your baby a great start in life with a healthy and happy mother, too.
- Don’t drink coffee until day 60. What most people won’t tell you is that coffee is a calcium drainer from your body as well as draining water. It becomes more significant when you drink more than two cups of coffee per day, but even less than that still has an effect. This is why it is so important to stay away from coffee at least for the first 60 days of your pregnancy, to give your baby the most nutrients possible in the most crucial stages.
- Find a whole foods prenatal vitamin The problem with many of the prescribed vitamins is that they do not absorb as well as many mothers would like. This leaves tons of vitamins simply flushing out of your body instead of going into your baby. The prenatal vitamins that have a whole foods base normally absorb much better into the body, giving you and your baby the best health possible.
- Continue to do light exercises for a healthy pregnancy Walking every day is one of the best cardiovascular exercises you can do while pregnant, even just a simple 20-minute walk. Also, squats are one of the best things you can do to prepare your body for the stress of labor when your baby is due. These are both exercises you won’t regret! Make sure to talk to your doctor before starting an exercise routine.
- Get enough protein in your diet for a healthy pregnancy Protein is one of the building blocks of life. Every single cell in your body needs and is built with protein, so getting enough protein in your diet is essential to you and your baby’s health. Make sure to get around 70 grams of protein in a day. These sources can come from nuts, beans, fish, hummus or even protein shakes to make it simple and easy.
- Prepare for a healthy pregnancy. Most of all, prepare for everything you will go through during your pregnancy. Don't go in blind! There are many books and resources out there for you to read so you are up on the latest research, you will know what is coming, and you can prepare for everything. You can also talk to your friends who have been through the experience so you can learn about as much as you can. Ignorance is definitely not bliss, so be sure to be prepared. Following all these simple steps should help you have the best pregnancy you can and help you and your new baby stay healthy throughout the whole process.
I Mom Time Saving Hacks You Need Right Now
II Mummy time-saving hacks you won't want to miss